Cleaner Vacancy at DHA
The Department of Home Affairs in South Africa is responsible for a wide range of services, including the issuing of identity documents and passports, managing immigration and citizenship, and providing services related to births, marriages, and deaths.
As one of the largest government departments in the country, the Department of Home Affairs employs a significant number of people to carry out these important functions. Currently, the department has a vacancy for a cleaner, and in this article, we will explore the job description and requirements for the role.
Basic Education Internships & Learnerships
Eskom Mobile Plant Learnerships.
Transnet Learnerships: Application & Requirements
The cleaner role at the Department of Home Affairs is an entry-level position that involves carrying out a range of cleaning and maintenance tasks to ensure that the department’s facilities are kept in good condition. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Cleaning – The cleaner will be responsible for cleaning the department’s offices, bathrooms, and other facilities. This will involve sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors, wiping down surfaces, and cleaning toilets and other sanitary fixtures.
- Waste disposal – The cleaner will be responsible for removing waste from the department’s facilities and disposing of it appropriately.
- Maintenance – The cleaner will be required to report any maintenance issues or damage to the department’s facilities to the relevant authorities, and may be required to carry out minor repairs themselves.
- Stock management – The cleaner will be responsible for ensuring that cleaning and maintenance supplies are kept stocked up, and may be required to order new supplies as needed.
- Health and safety – The cleaner will be responsible for ensuring that the department’s facilities are kept clean and safe for staff and visitors, and for following health and safety protocols to prevent accidents or injuries.
To be eligible for the cleaner role at the Department of Home Affairs, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Education – There are no specific educational requirements for this role, but a basic education level is expected.
- Experience – While previous cleaning experience is not essential, it may be an advantage.
- Physical fitness – The cleaner will be required to carry out physically demanding tasks, such as lifting and carrying heavy cleaning equipment, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Attention to detail – The cleaner will be responsible for ensuring that the department’s facilities are kept clean and presentable at all times, and will need to pay close attention to detail to achieve this.
- Communication skills – The cleaner will need to communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors to report maintenance issues or order new supplies.
- Reliability – The cleaner will need to be punctual, reliable, and able to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for the cleaner role at the Department of Home Affairs will depend on the level of experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, but is likely to be in line with other entry-level positions in the public sector. In addition to the salary, the successful candidate will also be entitled to a range of benefits, including medical aid, pension contributions, and leave entitlements.
To apply for the cleaner role at the Department of Home Affairs, applicants will need to submit a cover letter and CV detailing their qualifications, experience, and suitability for the role. Applications can be submitted online via the department’s website, or in person at one of their offices. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview, and may be required to undergo a security clearance process before being offered the position.
The cleaner role at the Department of Home Affairs is an important position that plays a vital role in ensuring that the department’s facilities are kept clean and safe for staff and visitors. While the job does not require any specific qualifications, it does demand physical fitness, attention to detail, and strong communication and reliability skills. If you meet the requirements for the role and are interested in working for the Department of Home Affairs,